of the Pokémon series
Arbitrary code execution
0x1500 control code arbitrary code execution (Crystal) | Cart-swap arbitrary code execution | Generation I custom map script pointer | Generation I invalid meta-map scripts | Generation I item ("8F", "ws m", "-g m", "5かい", "てへ" etc.) | Generation I move ("-", "TM42") | Generation I Trainer escape glitch text boxes | Generation II bad clone | Generation II Burned Tower Silver | Japanese Crystal Pokémon Communication Center SRAM glitches | Coin Case glitch | Generation II glitch Pokédex sortings | Pikachu off-screen glitch ACE | OAM DMA hijacking | Pikachu glitch emote | Generation III glitch Pokémon summary | Generation III glitch move animation) | Remote code execution | TM/HMs outside of the TM/HM pocket | ZZAZZ glitch Trainer FC
No further extensions
Cloning | Item duplication glitch (Generation I) | Pokémon merge glitch ("Q Glitch", Generation I) | Time Capsule exploit | Bug-Catching Contest data copy glitch (Generation II, Japan only) | Berry glitch | Battle Tower Lati@s glitch (Generation III) | (Mimic) Transform Rage glitch (Generation IV)
Transform held item glitch (Generation IV, Japan only) | Mimic glitch (Generation IV, Japan only)
Buffer overflow techniques
99 item stack glitch | LOL glitch | Rival LOL glitch | Instant LOL glitch | RAM LOL glitch | Out of bounds LOL glitch | blockoobLG | Instant encounter infinite chain glitch | LGFly | Super Glitch (Generation I) | Party remaining HP glitch | Super Glitch (Generation III) | Text pointer manipulation mart buffer overflow glitch | CoolTrainer♀-type move | Double distort CoolTrainer♀ corruption | Yami Shop glitch | Party Pokémon box data shift glitch | Unterminated name glitch item instant encounter (Japanese Red/Green)
Item stack duplication glitch
Generation I expanded items pack (Glitch Rocket HQ maps, Map FE (English and non-English European Yellow) | Map script pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution | Map script pointer item ball manipulation) | Text pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution | Item ball manipulation | Mart buffer overflow) | Trainerless instant encounter glitch
Bad clone glitch
????? party overloading (Type 0xD0 move glitch | ????? map corruption | Celebi trick | Celebi Egg trick | Shiny Celebi trick | Glitch move map corruption | Overloaded party map corruption | Glitch Unown (Glitch Unown map corruption) | Duplicate key items glitch (Infinite items and item creation, Expanded Balls pocket (Wrong pocket TM/HMs, Glitch Pokédex categories))
Closed menu Select glitches
Dokokashira door glitch (International) | Fossil conversion glitch (international) | Second type glitch | Skip to Level 100 glitch | Trainer mutation glitch | Walk through walls (International) | Lift glitch | Badge describer glitch
Pomeg data corruption glitch ("Glitzer Popping") | Charm glitch
Broken escalator glitch (Japan only) | Elite Four door glitch (Japan only)
2x2 block encounter glitches
Left-facing shore tile glitch (in-game trade shore encounter trick, Old man trick, Trade link up shore encounter trick, Fight Safari Zone Pokémon trick) | Viridian Forest no encounter grass tiles glitch
Safari Zone exit glitch | RAM manipulation | Out of bounds Glitch City (Generation II) | Slowpoke Well out of bounds corruption (French Gold/Silver/Crystal)
Large storage box byte shift glitch
Storage box remaining HP glitch | Generation I max stat trick
Pikachu off-screen glitch
Trainer corruption glitch
Generation I save corruption | 255 Pokémon glitch | Expanded party encounter table manipulation (Generation I) | Send party Pokémon to a new game (Generation I) | Generation II save corruption | Mailbox glitches | Mystery Gift item corruption | Trainer House glitches
Trainer escape glitch
Death-warp | Ditto trick | Experience underflow glitch | Mew trick | Text box ID matching | Meta-map script activation
Walk through walls
Ledge method | Museum guy method | Rival's effect | Select glitch method (International Select glitch method), Brock Through Walls
Surf down glitch
Grass/rock Surfing glitch (Spanish/Italian only) (adaptions: Submerge glitch (international)) | 8 8 (0x7C) grass/rock surfing glitch (English Red/Blue))
(view, talk, edit)
The Battle Tower Pokémon cloning glitch in Pokémon Emerald allows the player to clone up to five Pokémon at once. Additionally, unless done wrong it has not been known to do any damage to the PC.
- Access to the Battle Tower.
- Pokémon to be cloned in party.
- Space in the PC for that/those Pokémon to be stored.
- Another Pokémon in party.
- Two Pokémon that are not banned from the Battle Tower (can be cloned).
This is the PC in the Battle Tower.
- Go to the PC in the Battle Tower.
- Deposit the Pokémon to be cloned in Lanette's PC.
- Log Off of the computer and save the game.
- Withdraw the Pokémon stored in the PC from step 2.
Talk to the receptionist for the Link Multi Battle Rooms (she should be at the counter closest to the PC).
This girl is who you need to be talking to.
- When she asks if the player wants to make a challenge, select Yes, and choose the two Pokémon eligible for entry.
- Select Yes when she asks you if it is OK to save the game.
- After the 2-3 seconds where no messages are shown and the game (not the receptionist) asks if the player wants to save the game, reset the game (do not start saving).
How it works
The game is saved by the player after the Pokémon are deposited. During the time when nothing seems to happen, the game saves the Pokémon in the player's party along with other data such as planted berries and Day Care Pokémon, but not those in the PC. Thus the game now has the Pokémon in both areas.
- Make sure to follow the steps exactly and do not withdraw or deposit any Pokémon besides the ones to be cloned, or else Pokémon could be deleted.
- It is possible to clone many items at one time, simply by replacing step 2 with "Give items you wish to clone to any Pokémon in the PC", and replacing step 4 with "Put the items back in the bag".
- By starting this glitch without any Pokémon in the Day Care, the player can duplicate up to eight Pokémon at a cost. The player must start with one Pokemon in their Party that they are okay with deleting. By first withdrawing two Pokémon from the PC and putting them in the Day Care, then withdrawing five more Pokémon from the PC, next swapping the Pokémon to be deleted in the Party with the final Pokémon to be cloned from the PC, and finally returning to the Battle Tower and proceeding from step 5 onward.