|Please note that this glitch only exists in the Japanese versions of the game, or is otherwise a glitch from a Pokémon game which was only released in Japan.
Some parts of this article have not yet been fully reviewed by a member of this wiki's staff or QC team.
Data from the Internet can be inaccurate or false, and it is easy to misremember information. For this reason there is more likely to be incorrect information in this article. This template will be removed once the information is peer-reviewed and tested by a staff or QC member.
The player stuck within the 'void' of a Pokémon Center
The Broken escalator glitch is a miscellaneous glitch only existing in older revisions of the Japanese versions of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. Details about the glitch were officially published by Nintendo, and the glitch was addressed.
In these games, when a player exits the Union Room from the second floor of the Pokémon League, the next time the player uses an escalator to emerge on the second floor of any Pokémon center he or she will appear outside of the normal map area (i.e. the 'void'). As a result, the Broken escalator glitch is potentially dangerous in the sense that when the player saves the game he or she may never be able to return to the normal area of the map.
How to avoid the glitch (after returning from the Union Room)
This method is officially acknowledged by Nintendo.
- Turn the game off and then back on again.
- The player should go to the Contest Hall in Hearthome City.
- The player should speak with the leftmost attendant, however he or she does not need to participate in a Super Contest.
- After saving the game and restarting, the next escalator will operate as normal.
- The broken escalator glitch, mentioned by Nintendo of Japan.