of the Pokémon series
Arbitrary code execution (template, remote, cart-swap, unintended ROM code execution) | 2x2 block encounter glitches (Left-facing shore tile glitch (in-game trade shore encounter trick, old man trick, Trade link up shore encounter trick, Fight Safari Zone Pokémon trick)) | 99 item stack glitch | Bad clone glitch (????? party overloading (Type 0xD0 move glitch, ????? map corruption, | Celebi trick, Celebi Egg trick, Shiny Celebi trick, glitch move map corruption, overloaded party map corruption, Glitch Unown (Glitch Unown map corruption) Duplicate key items glitch (infinite items and item creation, expanded Balls pocket (TM/HMs outside of the TM/HM pocket, Glitch Pokédex categories)) | Berry glitch | Bug-Catching Contest data copy glitch (Japan only) | Cloning | Ditto DV manipulation | Elite Four door glitch (Japan only) | Expanded party encounter table manipulation | Generation IV item cloning glitch (Japan only) | Glitch City (Safari Zone exit glitch, RAM manipulation) | Glitch meta-map script activation (Generation I) | Infinite Master Balls (Colosseum) | Large storage box byte shift glitch (storage box remaining HP glitch, maximum stat glitch) | Item duplication glitch | Item stack duplication glitch (Generation I expanded items pack (Glitch Rocket HQ maps, Map FE (English and non-English European Yellow), Map script pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, map script pointer item ball manipulation), Text pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, item ball manipulation, mart buffer overflow), Trainerless instant encounter glitch) | Mimic glitch (Japan only) | Out of bounds Glitch City (Generation II) (Slowpoke Well out of bounds corruption (French version)) Lumiose City save glitch | Pikachu off-screen glitch (Trainer corruption glitch) | Pokémon merge glitch | Pomeg glitch (Pomeg data corruption glitch) | Roaming Pokémon encounter glitch | (Mimic) Transform Rage glitch | Select glitches (Japan only) (Closed menu: Dokokashira door glitch (international), Fossil conversion glitch (international), Second type glitch, Skip to Level 100 glitch, Trainer mutation glitch, walk through walls (international) Special menu: Lift glitch, Badge describer glitch) | Sketch glitch | SRAM glitch (Generation I) (255 Pokémon glitch, send party Pokémon to a new game) | Surf down glitch (Grass/rock Surfing glitch (Spanish/Italian only) (English)) | Time Capsule exploit | SRAM glitches (Generation II) (Mailbox glitches, Mystery Gift item corruption, Trainer House glitches) | Tweaking | Trainer escape glitch (Death-warp, Mew Trick, Ditto Trick, Experience underflow glitch) | Buffer overflow techniques (Japanese unterminated name glitch item instant encounter glitch, LOL glitch, Rival LOL glitch, Instant LOL glitch, RAM LOL glitch, oobLG, blockoobLG, Instant encounter infinite chain glitch (LGFly)), Super Glitch (Generation I) (party remaining HP glitch), Super Glitch (Generation III), Text pointer manipulation mart buffer overflow glitch, CoolTrainer♀-type move, Double distort CoolTrainer♀ corruption, Yami Shop glitch) | Walk through walls (ledge method, museum guy method, Rival's effect, Select glitch method (international), Brock Through Walls) | ZZAZZ glitch (party Pokémon box data shift glitch)
(view, talk, edit)
Double distort CoolTrainer♀ corruption is an exploit of the CoolTrainer♀-type move corruption in Pokémon Red and Blue. It was documented by luckytyphlosion and used in some older Pokémon speedruns.
The glitch allows the player to obtain a Pokémon from another Pokémon's nickname, such as "D" (hex:83) resulting in Mewtwo and × (times sign) resulting in 94, as long as the character in the Pokémon's name is not a control character, unlike other CoolTrainer♀ corruption glitches which depend on sub-tiles from a map.
As CoolTrainer♀ corruption can fail due to its random name containing a hex:50 character after viewing it on the Fight screen, it is suggested to scroll on the menu until it works. If it doesn't work one action to get it to work may be the increase or decrease the number of bytes in memory that are hex:50.
1) A seven letter long player name.
2) A Pokémon with a certain nickname. The second character will determine what you get (see old man trick) e.g. DD will give Mewtwo. Note that you'll get glitch Pokémon instead of Trainers.
3) Pokémon with the CoolTrainer move in the first position. To get this with Ditto, battle a Pokémon with more than one move, transform and then switch the position of a move after slot 1 with move 1, and end the battle.
4) A Full Heal.
1) Go to this position then open and close the items menu.
2) Enter a battle then do a CoolTrainer. Though the glitch may work outside of a cave without a freeze, it also may not so it may be a good idea to go in Diglett's Cave before entering the battle to avoid the freeze (but you should not open the start menu again after opening it in the correct spot).
3) Switch to the Pokémon with the relevant nickname. You'll notice that the Pokémon's nickname has been printed on the screen near its sprite.
4) Heal Ditto with a Full Heal (this updates the screen copy too), then switch to it.
5) Do a CoolTrainer with Ditto again. Don't open the items menu or view the Pokémon screen after it's sent out or you'll mess up the glitch unless your Ditto has a nickname you want.
6) Catch the Pokémon to get a Pokémon based on the nickname.
You can also do this with the Ditto itself if it's nicknamed. Do this glitch as usual but open your items menu when Ditto is sent out again (for the second CoolTrainer).