From Glitch City Laboratories
of the Pokémon series
Arbitrary code execution (template, remote, cart-swap, unintended ROM code execution) | 2x2 block encounter glitches (Left-facing shore tile glitch (in-game trade shore encounter trick, old man trick, Trade link up shore encounter trick, Fight Safari Zone Pokémon trick)) | 99 item stack glitch | Bad clone glitch (????? party overloading (Type 0xD0 move glitch, ????? map corruption, | Celebi trick, Celebi Egg trick, Shiny Celebi trick, glitch move map corruption, overloaded party map corruption, Glitch Unown (Glitch Unown map corruption) Duplicate key items glitch (infinite items and item creation, expanded Balls pocket (TM/HMs outside of the TM/HM pocket, Glitch Pokédex categories)) | Berry glitch | Bug-Catching Contest data copy glitch (Japan only) | Cloning | Ditto DV manipulation | Elite Four door glitch (Japan only) | Expanded party encounter table manipulation | Glitch City (Safari Zone exit glitch, RAM manipulation) | Glitch meta-map script activation (Generation I) | Infinite Master Balls (Colosseum) | Large storage box byte shift glitch (storage box remaining HP glitch, maximum stat glitch) | Item duplication glitch | Item stack duplication glitch (Generation I expanded items pack (Glitch Rocket HQ maps, Map FE (English and non-English European Yellow), Map script pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, map script pointer item ball manipulation), Text pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, item ball manipulation, mart buffer overflow), Trainerless instant encounter glitch) | Transform held item glitch (Japan only) | Mimic glitch (Japan only) | Out of bounds Glitch City (Generation II) (Slowpoke Well out of bounds corruption (French version)) Lumiose City save glitch | Pikachu off-screen glitch (Trainer corruption glitch) | Pokémon merge glitch | Pomeg glitch (Pomeg data corruption glitch) | Roaming Pokémon encounter glitch | (Mimic) Transform Rage glitch | Select glitches (Japan only) (Closed menu: Dokokashira door glitch (international), Fossil conversion glitch (international), Second type glitch, Skip to Level 100 glitch, Trainer mutation glitch, walk through walls (international) Special menu: Lift glitch, Badge describer glitch) | Sketch glitch | SRAM glitch (Generation I) (255 Pokémon glitch, send party Pokémon to a new game) | Surf down glitch (Grass/rock Surfing glitch (Spanish/Italian only) (English)) | Time Capsule exploit | SRAM glitches (Generation II) (Mailbox glitches, Mystery Gift item corruption, Trainer House glitches) | Tweaking | Trainer escape glitch (Death-warp, Mew Trick, Ditto Trick, Experience underflow glitch) | Buffer overflow techniques (Japanese unterminated name glitch item instant encounter glitch, LOL glitch, Rival LOL glitch, Instant LOL glitch, RAM LOL glitch, oobLG, blockoobLG, Instant encounter infinite chain glitch (LGFly)), Super Glitch (Generation I) (party remaining HP glitch), Super Glitch (Generation III), Text pointer manipulation mart buffer overflow glitch, CoolTrainer♀-type move, Double distort CoolTrainer♀ corruption, Yami Shop glitch) | Walk through walls (ledge method, museum guy method, Rival's effect, Select glitch method (international), Brock Through Walls) | ZZAZZ glitch (party Pokémon box data shift glitch)
(view, talk, edit)
The "walk through walls" GameShark code has always been fun and useful to people. Contrary to popular belief, a similar effect is possible without the use of a game-altering device via a glitch. The usual method requires a precise count of steps, a ledge and a poisoned Pokémon. However, an easier method was found.
- Must be able and know how to do the Glitch City glitch.
- Being able to either Fly (better) or Teleport
- Walk around in the Safari Zone until you have a low number of steps left (40 is correct)
- Walk out, say 'No' to the "Leaving early?" message, save and reset, walk out and say 'No' to the "Would you like to join the hunt?" message.
- Fly or Teleport to Pewter City, walk to the NPC next to the PokéMart and talk to him. Say no to his "Did you check out the MUSEUM?" message to make him walk you to the Pewter Museum of Science. The aim is to run out of Safari Zone steps while he is still escorting you to the museum.
- You will receive the PA: Ding-dong! Time's up! Your SAFARI GAME is over!" message and be taken to the Safari Zone gate. Step out of the Safari Zone gate to walk out of Pewter City's exit 04 - the Pewter City PokéMart.
- As you arrive, you'll receive the "It's right here! You have to pay to get in, but it it's worth it! See you around!" message.
- Save and reset.
- Walk to the Pokémon Center and the NPC should be walking downwards in a line through the Pokémon Center door. He will loop through to the top of the screen from the bottom of the screen as well. Talk to him from the right just below the Pokémon Center door and say 'NO' to his message again.
- You will walk automatically and the menu should keep popping up. Hold B when the menu is closed to walk around in any direction but down.
If you Fly away, you'll be able to walk down again and you can walk anywhere while holding B until you enter a door or battle a Trainer.
1. From Pewter City Poké Mart, use dry underflow glitch to underflow the number of stored PC items to 255.
2. Place a Master Ball at PC item 95
3. Save and reset
4. Walk out of the Pokémon Center and speak to the museum guy from the right just below the Pokémon Center door. If you do not succeed at talking to him, reset the game and try again.