of the Pokémon series
||Variants and Consequences
|Arbitrary code execution
||see template, remote, cart-swap, unintended ROM code execution
|2x2 block encounter glitches
||Left-facing shore tile glitch (in-game trade shore encounter trick, old man trick, Trade link up shore encounter trick, Fight Safari Zone Pokémon trick)
|99 item stack glitch
|Bad clone glitch
||????? party overloading (Type 0xD0 move glitch, ????? map corruption, Celebi trick, Celebi Egg trick, Shiny Celebi trick, glitch move map corruption, overloaded party map corruption, Glitch Unown (Glitch Unown map corruption) Duplicate key items glitch (infinite items and item creation, expanded Balls pocket (TM/HMs outside of the TM/HM pocket, Glitch Pokédex categories))
|Bug-Catching Contest data copy glitch (Japan only)
|Ditto DV manipulation
|Elite Four door glitch (Japan only)
|Expanded party encounter table manipulation
||Safari Zone exit glitch, RAM manipulation
|Glitch meta-map script activation (Generation I)
|Infinite Master Balls (Colosseum)
|Large storage box byte shift glitch
||storage box remaining HP glitch, maximum stat glitch
|Item duplication glitch
|Item stack duplication glitch
||Generation I expanded items pack (Glitch Rocket HQ maps, Map FE (English and non-English European Yellow), Map script pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, map script pointer item ball manipulation), Text pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, item ball manipulation, mart buffer overflow), Trainerless instant encounter glitch
|Transform held item glitch (Japan only)
|Mimic glitch (Japan only)
|Out of bounds Glitch City (Generation II)
||Slowpoke Well out of bounds corruption (French version)
|Lumiose City save glitch
|Pikachu off-screen glitch
||Trainer corruption glitch
|Pokémon merge glitch
||Pomeg data corruption glitch
|Roaming Pokémon encounter glitch
|(Mimic) Transform Rage glitch
|Select glitches (Japan only)
||Closed menu: Dokokashira door glitch (international), Fossil conversion glitch (international), Second type glitch, Skip to Level 100 glitch, Trainer mutation glitch, walk through walls (international) Special menu: Lift glitch, Badge describer glitch)
|SRAM glitch (Generation I)
||255 Pokémon glitch, send party Pokémon to a new game
|SRAM glitches (Generation II)
||Mailbox glitches, Mystery Gift item corruption, Trainer House glitches
|Surf down glitch
||Grass/rock Surfing glitch (Spanish/Italian only) (adaptions: Submerge glitch (international), 8 8 (0x7C) grass/rock surfing glitch (English Red/Blue))
|Time Capsule exploit
|Trainer escape glitch
||Death-warp, Mew Trick, Ditto Trick, Experience underflow glitch
|Buffer overflow techniques
||Japanese unterminated name glitch item instant encounter glitch, LOL glitch, Rival LOL glitch, Instant LOL glitch, RAM LOL glitch, oobLG, blockoobLG, Instant encounter infinite chain glitch (LGFly)), Super Glitch (Generation I) (party remaining HP glitch), Super Glitch (Generation III), Text pointer manipulation mart buffer overflow glitch, CoolTrainer♀-type move, Double distort CoolTrainer♀ corruption, Yami Shop glitch
|Walk through walls
||ledge method, museum guy method, Rival's effect, Select glitch method (international), Brock Through Walls
||party Pokémon box data shift glitch
(view, talk, edit)
|This article is incomplete. Please feel free to add any missing information about the subject. It is missing: |
Test a method for the glitch in Red and Blue (is it possible to use the expanded items pack to change escape permissions and escape the Pokémon Center with an Escape Rope?).
The party remaining HP glitch is a glitch in Pokémon Yellow (and likely Pokémon Red and Blue). It allows the player to change a Pokémon's species byte 2 ID based on the remaining HP left of Pokémon 1, in a party corrupted by Super Glitch.
It was documented in February 2017.
This trick can be exploited in Pokémon Yellow and is an alternative to the storage box remaining HP glitch.
Like the storage box remaining HP glitch it can be used to obtain various glitch Pokémon unavailable with the Trainer escape glitch, although it can cause the game to freeze if the player walks too many steps with the corrupted party active.
The glitch also activates the international 'dokokashira door glitch'.
This glitch requires two Pokémon with Super Glitch as move 1 (e.g. two Z 4 (hex:C3)), a special 4 4 Hy (hex:C0) with Confusion, Headbutt, Softboiled, Super Glitch and the glitch item "9F" (hex:5E), available with the expanded items pack and the Celadon looping map trick.
Though it is risky, the player can clone a Pokémon with Super Glitch as move 1 to save them from doing the Trainer escape glitch again if they only have one Pokémon with Super Glitch as move 1.
This glitch may work in Pokémon Red and Blue without arbitrary code execution, but escaping the Glitch Cities that occur may become a problem (although it may be possible by changing the map permissions in the expanded items pack and using an Escape Rope).
1) Go to Cerulean City's Pokémon Center and prepare a Pokémon with Super Glitch in slot 1, a Pokémon you wish to sacrifice and no more Pokémon in the party, as well as another Pokémon with Super Glitch in slot 1 and the 44 Hy in the storage system.
2) View the summary of the Pokémon with Super Glitch in slot 1 and deposit it. Go to deposit again and check if you have a glitched party. If so the glitch has worked so far and you have 255 Pokémon with a missing FF terminator.
Note: Do not save the game from now on until specifically said or your save file will be destroyed.
3) From now on don't view the party from the start menu. Deposit the second Pokémon in the party twice.
Pokémon 1 should now have 267 HP and be poisoned. Walk around until you get the decimal ID of a glitch Pokémon you want (http://glitchcity.info/wiki/The_Big_HEX_List) after each HP drop from poison and use 9F to get rid of Glitch Cities. Q (FF) cannot be obtained with this method because it tells the game not to shift HP into species in step 4.
4) Deposit the second Pokémon in the party twice, to shift Pokémon 1's HP into its species byte 2.
5) Deposit Pokémon 1 and view the other Pokémon with Super Glitch as move 1's summary until you receive 0 party Pokémon.
6) Withdraw the Pokémon you corrupted while it was Pokémon 1 (which had the remaining HP you manipulated) and 4 4 Hy, then take the corrupted Pokémon into Day Care and out to receive your new Pokémon.
7) Go to the spot below and continually view 4 4 Hy's summary. Hopefully this will 'fix' your name to not destroy the save file when you save but the change will be invisible, so view it as many times as possible.
8) Don't save from the save menu yet otherwise glitch options will come up. Go to a Pokémon Center then open the heal Pokémon menu box first to fix the Yes/No box on the save menu or simply change boxes to save the game, and you're free to save and reset the game.
Note: The 'own' flags for Pidgeot and Spearow may have been removed, so you may need to catch them again if you had a completed Pokédex/want to complete it.