of the Pokémon series
Arbitrary code execution (template, remote, cart-swap) | 2x2 block encounter glitches (Left-facing shore tile glitch (in-game trade shore encounter trick, old man trick, Trade link up shore encounter trick, Fight Safari Zone Pokémon trick)) | 99 item stack glitch | Bad clone glitch (????? party overloading (????? map corruption, | Celebi trick, Celebi Egg trick, Shiny Celebi trick, glitch move map corruption, overloaded party map corruption, Glitch Unown (Glitch Unown map corruption) Duplicate key items glitch (infinite items and item creation, expanded Balls pocket (TM/HMs outside of the TM/HM pocket, Glitch Pokédex categories)) | Berry glitch | Bug-Catching Contest data copy glitch (Japan only) | Cloning | Ditto DV manipulation | Elite Four door glitch (Japan only) | Generation IV item cloning glitch (Japan only) | Glitch City (Safari Zone exit glitch, RAM manipulation) | Infinite Master Balls (Colosseum) | Large storage box byte shift glitch (storage box remaining HP glitch, maximum stat glitch) | Item duplication glitch | Item stack duplication glitch (Generation I expanded items pack (Glitch Rocket HQ maps, Map FE (English and non-English European Yellow), Map script pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, map script pointer item ball manipulation), Text pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, item ball manipulation, mart buffer overflow), Trainerless instant encounter glitch) | Mimic glitch (Japan only) | Out of bounds Glitch City (Generation II) (Slowpoke Well out of bounds corruption (French version)) Lumiose City save glitch | Pikachu off-screen glitch (Trainer corruption glitch) | Pokémon merge glitch | Pomeg glitch (Pomeg data corruption glitch) | Roaming Pokémon encounter glitch | (Mimic) Transform Rage glitch | Select glitches (Japan only) (Closed menu: Dokokashira door glitch (international), Fossil conversion glitch (international), Second type glitch, Skip to Level 100 glitch, Trainer mutation glitch, walk through walls (international) Special menu: Lift glitch, Badge describer glitch) | Sketch glitch | SRAM glitch (Generation I) (255 Pokémon glitch, send party Pokémon to a new game) | Surf down glitch (Grass/rock Surfing glitch (Spanish/Italian only) (English)) | Time Capsule exploit | SRAM glitches (Generation II) (Mailbox glitches, Mystery Gift item corruption, Trainer House glitches) | Tweaking | Trainer escape glitch (Death-warp, Mew Trick, Ditto Trick, Experience underflow glitch) | Buffer overflow techniques (Japanese unterminated name glitch item instant encounter glitch, LOL glitch, Rival LOL glitch, Instant LOL glitch, RAM LOL glitch, oobLG, blockoobLG, Instant encounter infinite chain glitch (LGFly)), Super Glitch (Generation I) (party remaining HP glitch), Super Glitch (Generation III), Text pointer manipulation mart buffer overflow glitch, CoolTrainer♀-type move, Double distort CoolTrainer♀ corruption, Yami Shop glitch) | Walk through walls (ledge method, museum guy method, Rival's effect, Select glitch method (international), Brock Through Walls) | Zapdos LV68 glitch | ZZAZZ glitch (party Pokémon box data shift glitch)
(view, talk, edit)
The Celebi Egg trick is a glitch in Pokémon Gold, Silver and Pokémon Crystal. It allows the player to obtain an Egg that hatches into a Celebi. An advantage of this glitch over the Celebi trick is that the Celebi is registered into the Pokédex.
1) Obtain an Egg with a Pokémon that would know Beat Up as its third move after hatching. To do this, raise a male and female Sneasel to level 57 with the same moves and make sure Beat Up is at move position 3.
2) Obtain a bad clone:
In order to get a bad clone you should deposit more Pokémon than you have ever deposited in a box (and at least 5 or so), then change boxes and reset the game shortly after the Yes/No box disappears (Gold/Silver) or after SAVING... DON'T TURN OFF THE POWER. is fully printed (Crystal).
Getting a bad clone is normally difficult but Pokémon Stadium 2's Game Boy Tower makes it a lot easier if you reset the game after the "Saving..." message appears at one of the aforementioned moments.
To identify a bad clone, the bad clone may be female with a glitched name and become level 1 after you withdraw it from the PC.
1) Deposit the bad clone into Day Care and out to stabilize it into a ?????.
2) Put the bad clone at the top of the party.
3) Use move PkMn w/o mail to move a seventh Pokémon to the top of the party.
4) Don't touch the party, and ask the Day Care lady to raise the ????? again. This time don't take the ????? out of the Day Care yet.
5) Deposit the first Pokémon and then the second Pokémon, and use move PkMn w/o mail to move the Egg to the top of the party.
6) Deposit Pokémon 2-6, which may shift back bytes for the Egg's name each time. After the depositing, Beat Up [0xFB] (move 3) will shift into the Pokémon species byte 2, allowing you to obtain Celebi after hatching the Egg.
7) Use the Bicycle to cycle around until the Egg hatches into a Celebi.
8) If the Celebi is level 0, raise its level through taking it into Day Care and out, a battle, or a Rare Candy. Ideally raising it to level 1 will allow it to learn its starting moves Leech Seed, Confusion, Heal Bell and Recover.
The Celebi/Pokémon will be holding an item based on the ID of move 4.
If possible, this glitch can be used with another move as move 3 to obtain a Pokémon other than Celebi. This depends on the ID of the move, which will be converted into a Pokémon ID. For example, Flail (hex:AF) would result into Togepi (also hex:AF).
To see which IDs correspond with which moves, Pokémon and items, refer to The Big HEX List.