This glitch allows the player to obtain all of the three starter Pokémon in Pokémon Gold, Silver and Pokémon Crystal.
- Start a new game.
- When the player has gotten through the "Welcome to the world of Pokémon!" opening, they should go outside and save before obtaining their starter Pokémon.
- The player should continue through the game normally until they get to a point where Pokémon can be caught. Note: Do NOT save the game at anytime during this step.
- Catch a Pokemon and then go to the Pokemon Center in Cherrygrove City.
- Perform the Cloning glitch and then clone the starter Pokemon. Note:The player should NOT save in front of the PC.
- If the clone was successful, the player will be in the location where they last saved, which should be before they got a starter Pokémon.
- Go into Prof. Elm's Lab and pick a different starter with the starter the player just chose in his or her party.
- Go to the Pokemon Center in Cherrygrove and the original Starter Pokémon will be in the PC.
- To get the last starter, start at step three and repeat up to step eight.
- Youtube video by Zach the Glitch Buster.