Thanks for your great work on the Japanese glitch Pokémon so far. :)
I've edited a small number of them to include sprites and the starting moves/obtain methods for one of them, but remembered you had sprites for these already (forums post).
Would you like me to add your sprites after you go and add the new article stubs? MediaFire's not letting me see them for some reason however and I'm not sure how to solve it. Do I need a MediaFire account to see them, or could you upload them elsewhere please? --Torchickens (talk) 14:47, 24 May 2018 (-06)
Thank you, Yes, i've noticed that you did, that's great! Here's the thing with the sprites. Sadly they're outdated since they we're captured with VisualBoy Advance back when i did them in 2014.
But i did re-encounter the glitch Pokémon using BGB last year (2017) but i haven't cropped any of the images yet for the front sprites (meaning it's a full screenshot with the whole enqounter screen) and i have no backsprites at all. So as for now I only upload the pokédex entries.
- All right. No problem, I'll add the sprites after you add the pages! :) --Torchickens (talk) 15:05, 24 May 2018 (-06)
Thank you Evie, i appreciate it. I'm just really happy to finally get this project moving. I've had a dream for many years now to have a full international complete Gen1 Glitchdex. ^^ Great work on your side too ofc!
- You're very welcome. ^^ We can do it! Thanks! :) --Torchickens (talk) 15:15, 24 May 2018 (-06)
Yo, in this one: https://glitchcity.info/wiki/GlitchDexJP/RG:222 for the pokémon category, shouldn't the "ポ" be removed? since it's just part of the "ポケモン" obscured behind the front sprite? =)
- Ah I didn't notice that. Removed now, thanks. :) --Torchickens (talk) 16:48, 24 May 2018 (-06)
Hi hpoke, great work! Just leaving a message unfortunately I won't be available today or tomorrow but will add the images for the rest of the glitch Pokemon soon. Thanks. Torchickens (talk) 05:22, 27 May 2018 (-06)
- Ah, thanks for the heads-up; but really there's no stress, you do it when you have time. Thank you ^^
- (Also, Why is my account still registered as Hpoké_coloradohugge? I though it was changed? or is it impossible to change the core username and it's only possible to change display name in forum? :O ) //coloradohugge
- You're welcome. Some plans have changed so now can do some more work today :). Hmm, yes I think the wiki probably goes off the core username. Not sure if you can change it but will ask Photon-Phoenix and Abwayax. Torchickens (talk) 09:57, 27 May 2018 (-06)
Regarding Glitch Pokémon with "your current Pokémon's name" in the name or pokédex cathegory
Yo. So, Let's talk about this thing that some glitch pokémon's have the name of the current pokémon in their name. (such as French RB:C2 in Pokédex Category, and both German RB:E1 and RB:E2 in the glitch pokémon's name itself:
Have we tried/dokumented what happeneds if you have that Glitch Pokémon as your own while fighting the same type of glitch pokémon? What would happened? Which name would be displayed? This got me curious. :O
- Great questions! Just tested 0xC2 while the string was the same glitch Pokémon and it just printed the glitch Pokémon's name (and since the name doesn't reference itself with wBattleMonNick (0x59 control character) or anything) there are no problems there).
Back on French Red/Blue, I changed D2B5-D2BF (+5) to have a 0x59 byte in it. The game infinitely printed the user's name after sending the Pokémon in battle, so the game would freeze. A 0x5A byte allowed me to battle, and after catching 0xC2 the Pokédex entry would freeze the game with a white screen.
- As for those German glitch Pokémon (also seemingly hex:F0 in Spanish Red/Blue, which you seem to have documented back in 2014 (video)), E1 (and probably E2) prints the enemy Pokémon's name if sent into battle from the player's side (via control character 0x5A), but if two unnicknamed E1 are facing each other it causes the user's name to be self-referencing each time after printing "Gegn." (Gegner/enemy) and infinitely long. Possibly as a result the game will freeze. Catching these glitch Pokémon displays the player's Pokémon's name.
--Torchickens (talk) 15:34, 30 May 2018 (-06)
- Well that's awesome :D This is something to take in concideration when documenting these more deeply later on. //coloradohugge
International Generation II glitch Pokémon
Hey coloradohugge! First off thank you so much for finishing the international Generation I glitch Pokémon stubs. I'll work on finishing the sprite and dex entry images as fast as I can. Unfortunately due to my computer addiction and sleepless nights I can only work on that on certain days when I go to my mum's house, so that may take longer, really sorry.
Would you like to create the Generation II stubs? We can do as before if you like and I'll add their types and starting moves. I'm happy to do these on my own if you don't feel like it though, let me know.
There should be 55 (including Korean Gold/Silver). Thanks :)
--Torchickens (talk) 14:53, 6 July 2018 (-06)
- Yo! Thank you too, that was a lot of hard work for about 2 months-ish, and I tried to work on it whenever i got home from work and felt motivated to do it, i will continue to add to the articles as best i can since this is something I had want to do for a few years now; It was nice to finally get the international project going.
And no preassure with adding sprites and such, like anything on glitchcity, everything is done in intervals when people have time, motivation and drive. So passionate projects should take the time it needs to achieve a finished status imo.
Regarding the Gen2 stuff, i've actually never delved deep into gen2 at all when it comes to glitches, and so far Gen1 has been my comfort zone. So for the time being i don't think i'm well informed or know what resources i should use; So for now i think i'm gonna decline the offer. I'd like to take it at my own pace and look into Gen2 glitches when i feel like i'm ready to explore it. =) Thanks for the offer though!
- Thanks. You're welcome :). All right, that's understandable, I'll work on those myself then. --Torchickens (talk) 04:05, 7 July 2018 (-06)