A glitch battle triggered by 4 4 (0xBF)
in a Link Battle.
Glitch battle describes the possible in-battle side effects of glitch Pokémon with bad sprites.
It may also refer to a battle glitched in a different way, such as via the "wild appeared!" glitch.
Glitch battles may involve effects such as the following:
- Corrupted battle music (see glitch audio)
- A forced glitch Trainer
- Corruption of the tiles on the screen
- A forced battle mode (possibly involving a glitch encounter system)
- Corrupted option cursor position/player may be prevented from moving the cursor to a certain option
- Corrupted Poké Ball rolls for the next Poké Ball
- Game freezes.