of the Pokémon series
Arbitrary code execution (template, remote, cart-swap, unintended ROM code execution) | 2x2 block encounter glitches (Left-facing shore tile glitch (in-game trade shore encounter trick, old man trick, Trade link up shore encounter trick, Fight Safari Zone Pokémon trick)) | 99 item stack glitch | Bad clone glitch (????? party overloading (Type 0xD0 move glitch, ????? map corruption, | Celebi trick, Celebi Egg trick, Shiny Celebi trick, glitch move map corruption, overloaded party map corruption, Glitch Unown (Glitch Unown map corruption) Duplicate key items glitch (infinite items and item creation, expanded Balls pocket (TM/HMs outside of the TM/HM pocket, Glitch Pokédex categories)) | Berry glitch | Bug-Catching Contest data copy glitch (Japan only) | Cloning | Ditto DV manipulation | Elite Four door glitch (Japan only) | Generation IV item cloning glitch (Japan only) | Glitch City (Safari Zone exit glitch, RAM manipulation) | Infinite Master Balls (Colosseum) | Large storage box byte shift glitch (storage box remaining HP glitch, maximum stat glitch) | Item duplication glitch | Item stack duplication glitch (Generation I expanded items pack (Glitch Rocket HQ maps, Map FE (English and non-English European Yellow), Map script pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, map script pointer item ball manipulation), Text pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, item ball manipulation, mart buffer overflow), Trainerless instant encounter glitch) | Mimic glitch (Japan only) | Out of bounds Glitch City (Generation II) (Slowpoke Well out of bounds corruption (French version)) Lumiose City save glitch | Pikachu off-screen glitch (Trainer corruption glitch) | Pokémon merge glitch | Pomeg glitch (Pomeg data corruption glitch) | Roaming Pokémon encounter glitch | (Mimic) Transform Rage glitch | Select glitches (Japan only) (Closed menu: Dokokashira door glitch (international), Fossil conversion glitch (international), Second type glitch, Skip to Level 100 glitch, Trainer mutation glitch, walk through walls (international) Special menu: Lift glitch, Badge describer glitch) | Sketch glitch | SRAM glitch (Generation I) (255 Pokémon glitch, send party Pokémon to a new game) | Surf down glitch (Grass/rock Surfing glitch (Spanish/Italian only) (English)) | Time Capsule exploit | SRAM glitches (Generation II) (Mailbox glitches, Mystery Gift item corruption, Trainer House glitches) | Tweaking | Trainer escape glitch (Death-warp, Mew Trick, Ditto Trick, Experience underflow glitch) | Buffer overflow techniques (Japanese unterminated name glitch item instant encounter glitch, LOL glitch, Rival LOL glitch, Instant LOL glitch, RAM LOL glitch, oobLG, blockoobLG, Instant encounter infinite chain glitch (LGFly)), Super Glitch (Generation I) (party remaining HP glitch), Super Glitch (Generation III), Text pointer manipulation mart buffer overflow glitch, CoolTrainer♀-type move, Double distort CoolTrainer♀ corruption, Yami Shop glitch) | Walk through walls (ledge method, museum guy method, Rival's effect, Select glitch method (international), Brock Through Walls) | Zapdos LV68 glitch | ZZAZZ glitch (party Pokémon box data shift glitch)
(view, talk, edit)
|This article is a summary page for different variations of a glitches, etc. when talked about as a whole.|
Terms such as infinite Master Balls or infinite Rare Candies are commonly used by players to refer to a glitch that allows the player to use or obtain an unlimited amount of certain items, if not all items.
Master Balls and Rare Candies are among the most commonly duplicated items.
Relevant glitches include:
- Old man trick (using Missingno.'s item duplication capabilities) - The old man trick is sometimes referred to as the "infinite Rare Candies glitch" or "infinite Master Ball glitch" because Missingno. can be encountered with it. Encountering Missingno. or 'M (00) adds 128 to the quantity of the sixth item if it is already less than 128.
- Item stack duplication glitch - Can be used to duplicate items after obtaining a stack of 255 of them. Tossing, selling or depositing all items from the stack above it will replace the stack with another stack of 255 Master Balls, but the Cancel button is not shifted up after the player's numbers of items is reduced and the player's last item will work like Cancel.
- Infinite Master Balls (Colosseum) - A glitch in Pokémon Colosseum requiring a Double Battle, where the item quantity of an item, including Master Balls does not decrease.
- Trainer escape glitch/Ditto Trick - By forcing a variation of Missingno. to appear with the Trainer escape glitch or Ditto Trick (the fossil and ghost Missingno. work and never freeze the game in Pokémon Yellow), the player can duplicate items. Other glitch Pokémon can affect the player's items too (e.g. ▶ A in Red/Blue can add two to the sixth item position)
- Cable Club escape glitch - Can be used to duplicate items if the other player owns a certain glitch Pokémon, ideally Missingno.
- Yami Shop glitch - It's possible to buy Master Balls and other items that weren't meant to be sold for free with this glitch.
- Generation III item duplication glitch - A derivative of Pomeg corruption glitch.
- Infinite Nugget glitch - A glitch in some releases of Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen where it is possible to obtain infinite Nuggets from a Rocket Grunt on Nugget Bridge.
Pokémon cloning allows the player to clone an item from Generation II onward (where Pokémon can hold items), for example, the Battle Tower Pokémon cloning glitch can be used to duplicate Master Balls.
The player can also get Master Balls by accessing an expanded item pack.
The Generation IV item cloning glitch is a way to duplicate an item in Japanese Pokémon Diamond and Pearl.