|Please note that this glitch only exists in the Japanese versions of the game, or is otherwise a glitch from a Pokémon game which was only released in Japan.
A Mew from the glitch, previously a Sandshrew
The remaining PP into species Select glitch is a closed menu Select glitch in Pokémon Red, Green, and Pokémon Blue (Japanese).
This is a glitch to obtain any Pokémon in Pokémon Red, Green, and Pokémon Blue (Japanese) (perhaps except those with division by zero in the experience group if any exist) from a move's current PP value. This includes a very easy Mew who can be manipulated from 21 PP, and theoretically even high index numbers like 0xFF, 0xFE thanks to the numerous PP underflow glitches (see PP underflow glitch), or possibly another Select glitch.
This glitch is similar to the second type glitch except it isn't limited to the Pokémon's second type.
To perform the glitch, do the following steps:
1) Place the Pokémon you want to change in slot 2 (very important, no other slot will work).
2) Next press Select on the 16th item, exit with B, B and enter battle.
3) After sending out the first Pokémon, open the Fight menu, press Select on the move with the right PP to replace it, then run away.
4) Take the second Pokémon into the Day Care and out again (note: it must not know a HM move). It should turn into a Pokémon based on the PP of the move you swapped, such as Mew for 21 remaining PP.
- Ksan1024 (documentation)
- ChickasaurusGL (video and article description)