This article lacks images.
Emulator screenshots are preferred to pictures taken with a camera of a capture card; however, a medium-quality image is better than no image.
Any contributions are highly appreciated!
Bean trader lockup
The bean trader lockup glitch is a glitch for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (for PC) that gets the player caught in an endless loop of dying and then going to the bean trading screen.
- The spell Spongify
- Not all of certain Wizard Cards (Note: Bean traders can only trade Wizard Cards that the player missed in a place that is not accessible after completed, for example, Professor Snape's Storage Room.)
- Less than 5 scars of health
- Go to the grand staircase.
- Cast Spongify on the middle carpet, the one that takes the player to the very top of the grand staircase.
- Land on one of the window sills at the very top.
- Jump off and land right near a bean trader. The player should lose all of his or her health upon hitting the ground. It is impossible to land right where the bean trading screen will come up, but upon fainting the player will be close enough to the bean trader. The traders that work for this are the one that sells Silver Wizard cards (from Hufflepuff), and the girl that sells Flobberworm Mucous (from Slytherin). The player must not have every Silver Wizard card for the first bean trader to work for this glitch.
- If the player dies without entering the bean trading screen, go back to step 1.
- If the player dies and then enters the bean trading screen, either buy their item or decline the offer. If you buy the silver wizard card, the glitch will not continue.
- The player will die and right after that enter the bean trading screen again.
Dancing gnome glitch
The dancing gnome glitch is a glitch in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for PC that allows the player to stop a gnome in motion.
- Let a gnome steal some Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans from you.
- Cast Flipendo on it so that the beans fall to the floor.
- Cast Flipendo again on the gnome and make him land on a bean.
He will now run in place in different directions.
It is easiest to perform this glitch in the Diffindo Challenge, as gnomes are in abundance at a point there where there is a lot of space.
Video demonstration by Tombstoner.
Infinite bean glitch
The infinite bean glitch allows the player to obtain, in theory, an infinite amount of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans.
Flipendo can not have been used twice on both of the armors at the entrance to Hogwarts.
- Use the wrong spell glitch to use Spongify on one of the armors.
- Repeat step 1. Beans will keep falling out of the armor, which can be collected.
How it Works
- See information on wrong spell glitch.
- As Flipendo is never actually used on the armor but the game detects a spell hitting it, the beans fall out of the armor. However, this can be done infinitely, as the game has no limit on how many times the spell Spongify can he used on it.
No target glitch
The no target glitch is a glitch in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for PC that allows the player to use spells on objects that don't exist.
- Go to either the Gryffindor Challenge or the Slytherin Common Room.
- If the player enters the Gryffindor Challenge, there is a point in which a Spongify carpet appears after using the spell Diffindo on a rope. The player can use Spongify on the area where the carpet appears before the carpet is there.
- If the player enters the Slytherin Common Room, enter the library, and unlock the painting. Once unlocked, Alohomora can be used on the painting again.
No time glitch
The no time glitch allows the player to have an unlimited amount of time in the Gold Wizard Card Challenge.
- All Silver Wizard Cards (and thus access to the Gold Wizard Card Challenge)
- Head to the Grand Staircase.
- Go in the Gold Wizard Card Challenge on the First Floor.
- Head past the gold curtains and to the next room: go to the edge of the red carpet and stop when the timing starts.
- Move backwards, to the entrance of the room.
- Go back to the carpet.
Useless gnome glitch
- A room with a Gnome
- Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans
- Go away from the Gnome.
- Make sure the Gnome is facing directly toward the player.
- Run forward into the Gnome. Harry should appear to gain beans. Harry actually loses those beans, but immediately gets them back.
Wrong spell glitch
The wrong spell glitch is a glitch in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for PC that allows the player to cast different spells on objects than they are normally allowed to take. There are multiple ways of performing this glitch.
- Cast Rictusempra on an Orange Snail or Fire Crab.
- Aim Flipendo at it, and wait until it recovers.
The player can now cast Flipendo on a moving Orange Snail or Fire Crab.
- Go to the armors at the entrance of Hogwarts.
- Go to the side of one of them, so that the Spongify carpet behind it can be seen.
- Aim Spongify at the carpet, but make sure that the armor is still in the way.
- Spongify will hit the armor.