An expanded party is a Pokémon party containing more than six Pokémon.
The player can find many glitch Pokémon and unstable hybrid Pokémon in the expanded party.
An expanded party can be obtained with the SRAM glitch (including from a save file erased with Up+Select+B, which will give the player 255 party Pokémon), Super Glitch, special menu select glitches (by swapping lift destination and Cerulean City badge man entries), and arbitrary code execution.
From the expanded party, it is possible to perform many tasks; such as:
- Altering items and registered Pokémon in the Pokédex (if a Pokémon is swapped with the 10th).
- Digging up Pokémon that the player doesn't own.
- Performing the Fossil conversion glitch.
- Enabling the player to walk through walls (if the 62nd Pokémon is swapped with the 63rd).
The expanded party has been banned from 151 Pokémon speedruns for both (Red/Blue and Yellow); the rational that using the glitch to obtain Pokémon wouldn't be seen as obtaining them.
An expanded party can be obtained with the ????? party overloading or arbitrary code execution.
The expanded party can be accessed indirectly with Glitzer Popping, directly through the News Reporter trick (itself currently requiring Glitzer Popping), and possibly both directly and indirectly through arbitrary code execution.
- Pokédos Cartouche (or Poké-dos Cartouche).
|This article or section is a stub. You can help Glitch City Laboratories wiki by expanding it.