Appearance of a 'glitch decoration'
|Please note that this glitch only exists in the Japanese versions of the game, or is otherwise a glitch from a Pokémon game which was only released in Japan.
The excessive doll arrangement glitch is a glitch in the Japanese versions of Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire.
This glitch allows for the player to view apparent glitch decorations in a Secret Base, but not place them. However, the descriptions of certain glitch decorations can severely affect the memory.
1) Get 40 small dolls of the same kind.
2) Place 16 of them in your room.
3) Next, go to your Secret Base and place a Heavy Desk, then a Ragged Desk, and a Pretty Desk.
4) Use the desks to place 5 or more dolls.
5) Exit the list with B and bring it up again. The blue Poké Balls that indicate you've placed a doll in your house may disappear, and the name of the top item may become corrupted to something like "に もどします！" or "て す！す！ドール". Additionally, the text next to えらんで may become something like グ?2/?5ソ.
It will have the description of and function like the old doll.
6) Try tossing items below the slot that has a glitched item name and you can create more glitch item names, this time with non doll descriptions.
Scrolling beyond Cancel can glitch out the game and cause it to freeze.
- Semijii (蝉爺): discovery
- ChickasaurusGL (article text, further research)