The term "Trick Zone" is a reference to a miscellaneous glitch, only existing on Pokémon Yellow. It is a variation of similar glitches such as the Mew Trick and the Ditto Trick. However, it does not in any way influence the Pokémon that will appear in the battle.
- The player must not have battled one particular trainer found on Route 9 (as shown in the picture below)
2. The player needs to have a Pokémon knowing either the move Fly or Teleport.
3. The player needs access to another trainer who can walk up to the player that he or she hasn't battled yet.
- The player should Fly or Teleport away from the first trainer.
- The player should go and battle the second trainer but must make him walk over.
- The player should read this sign:
4. The player should walk east to Route 9.
If performed correctly, glitch dialog will be displayed, immediately after this, the player shall be forced into a wild Pokémon battle. After the battle is over, all the overworld characters will appear as 'glitchy blocks' (see picture).
- One can also substitute the Cerulean City's Sign with:
- The Pokémon Center's sign in Celadon City.
- The Pidgeot in Saffron City.
- The fourth SNES on the Third Floor of the Celadon Department Store.
- The poster in the Game Corner.
- This glitch works much like the Zero Error glitch but it is performed in a different area, which gives different results.
- Using this glitch can cause additional effects due to it's potential to prevent Pikachu from following the player.
- Zero Error