From Glitch City Laboratories
The Surfing glitch is a glitch in Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow Version that lets the player surf on places not normally available to surf on.
- Stand in front of the tile you want to surf over. The tile must have a tile that can be surfed on diagonal to it, and that tile must be accessible to the player.
- Move to either the left or right of the tile one step. The player should be moving one step away from the tile that can be surfed on.
- Take a step so that the player is facing the tile that can be surfed on, pressing START mid-step.
- Save and reset the game.
- When the game is started back up, right away use Surf (without moving).
- The player should surf on the tile that can not normally be surfed upon.
How it works
When the game is started up, the player's direction is defaulted to south. However, if START is pressed mid-step, the START menu pops up without giving the game time to change the player's direction if the game is saved. When the game is reset, the player should look like he is facing the tile that can be surfed on, and because that is the direction he is facing, he can use Surf. However, in one way, the player is still facing south due to the game being just started up, as that is the direction he surfs in.
- Going back to Agatha from Lance.
- Reboarding the S.S. Anne.