From Glitch City Laboratories
A Grimer under the effects of the Sticky Hold glitch.
The Sticky Hold glitch is a glitch which only exists within the handheld versions of the Third Generation Pokémon games. When performed correctly, the sprite of the enemy Pokémon will remain on the screen with a slightly different palette, even when the next Pokémon is sent out.
- A Pokémon with no item and one of the moves Thief or Covet.
- An enemy Pokémon with an item and the Sticky Hold ability.
- A Pokémon which is strong enough to take down the enemy Pokémon in one hit.
- Access to a trainer battle.
- The player must enter a trainer battle, preferably with the Pokémon with Thief or Covet first in his or her party.
- Defeat any previous Pokémon if any until the opponent Pokémon with Sticky Hold and an item is sent out.
- Defeat the opponent Pokémon in one hit by using either Thief or Covet, note that the player's Pokémon needs to have no item.
- When the opponent Pokémon faints, its sprite will remain on the screen until the battle ends but with a different palette.