From Glitch City Laboratories
A minor glitch involves the player muting the game audio after defeating Gary of the Elite Four in the Generation I Pokémon games.
- The player requires all 8 Gym Badges to reach Victory Road and later Indigo Plateau, where he or she can enter the Pokémon League building.
- The player requires a Pokémon close to evolving.
- A relatively strong party is required to defeat Gary of the Elite Four.
- The player must firstly reach Indigo Plateau and enter the Pokémon League building.
- He or she must procede to the Elite Four rooms and defeat all four trainers.
- The player should fight the Champion Gary and defeat him but ensure that a Pokémon evolves during the battle.
- The music will be temporarily muted after the battle ends.
- Mute the music in Route 214
-  A list of glitches which affect game audio up to Generation III.