From Glitch City Laboratories
|Please note that this glitch only exists in the Japanese versions of the game, or is otherwise a glitch from a Pokémon game which was only released in Japan.
A player in the process of performing the Mimic glitch. He or she is using a Ditto to transform into a Mr Mime with the desired moves.
The Mimic glitch is a less commonly known glitch which is similar to the Surf through Elite Four door Glitch in the sense that the glitch only exists in earlier builds of the Japanese versions of Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. By using this glitch players can essentially give a Pokémon already knowing Mimic or Transform any moveset. This glitch is similar to the Q Trick of Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow as the Mimic Glitch eventually involves the player's Pokémon copying the moves of one of his or her other Pokémon. However Pokémon such as Magikarp cannot legitimately learn Mimic therefore they cannot have their moves changed without an external device. This glitch can also effect generation 5 games via the PokéTransfer feature. You can send a Pokémon that knows Sketch to Pokémon Black or White, thus the Pokémon can legally obtain one new generation 5 move it could not normally learn.
- Access to a double battle through either unbattled trainers or the VS Seeker.
- A Ditto or any Pokémon with the move Transform.
- A Pokémon with the desired moves to be copied onto another Pokémon (preferably Smeargle because from Sketch it can learn every legitimate move except Chatter and Struggle).
- A Pokémon with Mimic or Transform, (the one whose moves will be changed at the end of the glitch).
- The player must enter a double battle with a Pokémon with the move Transform and a Pokémon whose moves the player wants to change in the first and second slots, the Pokémon with the desired moveset should be in any other slot. Note that in this case the second Pokémon must already know Mimic or Transform.
- Have Ditto or the Pokémon with Transform use the move on the ally Pokémon which is going to have its moves changed.
- On the next turn have the second Pokémon should use Mimic or Transform on the Ditto which just transformed (or other Pokémon)
- Switch your first Pokémon to the Pokémon with the moves which you want to copy.
- On the same turn have your Pokémon who just copied Transform use the move on the Pokémon with the desired moves.
- Switch the Pokémon with the desired moves and then finish the battle without switching the Pokémon who copied Transform and used it to transform into that Pokémon with the desired moves.
- Surf through Elite Four door Glitch
- Q Trick
-  - The original Youtube video by T0nu.
-  - An alternative Youtube video of a player performing the Mimic glitch.