From Glitch City Laboratories
The Daylight Saving Time Exploit refers to a miscellaneous glitch in Pokémon Gold, Pokémon Silver and Pokémon Crystal. In New Bark Town, if the player quickly switches between Daylight Saving Time and Standard Time contacts are more likely to call the player on his or her Pokégear.
Contacts will ring the player after a particular amount of time, based on other in-game variables. However, if the player continuously switches between Daylight Saving Time and Standard Time the game will take it as if the time has progressed but by a much larger amount of time than one second, increasing the chances that another trainer will contact the player.
- The player must have at least set the clock and the time.
- The player must move to New Bark Town and access his or her home.
- Talk to Mum and set the time to Daylight Saving Time (or Standard Time otherwise)
- Talk to Mum and set the time back to Standard Time (or Daylight Saving Time otherwise)
- Repeat steps two to three.
-  - A list of glitches in Pokémon Gold and Silver, including "Make people call you"