The wrong spell glitch is a glitch in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets for PC that allows the player to cast different spells on objects than they are normally allowed to take. There are multiple ways of performing this glitch.
- Cast Rictusempra on an Orange Snail or Fire Crab.
- Aim Flipendo at it, and wait until it recovers.
The player can now cast Flipendo on a moving Orange Snail or Fire Crab.
- Go to the armors at the entrance of Hogwarts.
- Go to the side of one of them, so that the Spongify carpet behind it can be seen.
- Aim Spongify at the carpet, but make sure that the armor is still in the way.
- Spongify will hit the armor.