of the Pokémon series
Arbitrary code execution (template, remote, cart-swap, unintended ROM code execution) | 2x2 block encounter glitches (Left-facing shore tile glitch (in-game trade shore encounter trick, old man trick, Trade link up shore encounter trick, Fight Safari Zone Pokémon trick)) | 99 item stack glitch | Bad clone glitch (????? party overloading (Type 0xD0 move glitch, ????? map corruption, | Celebi trick, Celebi Egg trick, Shiny Celebi trick, glitch move map corruption, overloaded party map corruption, Glitch Unown (Glitch Unown map corruption) Duplicate key items glitch (infinite items and item creation, expanded Balls pocket (TM/HMs outside of the TM/HM pocket, Glitch Pokédex categories)) | Berry glitch | Bug-Catching Contest data copy glitch (Japan only) | Cloning | Ditto DV manipulation | Elite Four door glitch (Japan only) | Expanded party encounter table manipulation | Generation IV item cloning glitch (Japan only) | Glitch City (Safari Zone exit glitch, RAM manipulation) | Glitch meta-map script activation (Generation I) | Infinite Master Balls (Colosseum) | Large storage box byte shift glitch (storage box remaining HP glitch, maximum stat glitch) | Item duplication glitch | Item stack duplication glitch (Generation I expanded items pack (Glitch Rocket HQ maps, Map FE (English and non-English European Yellow), Map script pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, map script pointer item ball manipulation), Text pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, item ball manipulation, mart buffer overflow), Trainerless instant encounter glitch) | Mimic glitch (Japan only) | Out of bounds Glitch City (Generation II) (Slowpoke Well out of bounds corruption (French version)) Lumiose City save glitch | Pikachu off-screen glitch (Trainer corruption glitch) | Pokémon merge glitch | Pomeg glitch (Pomeg data corruption glitch) | Roaming Pokémon encounter glitch | (Mimic) Transform Rage glitch | Select glitches (Japan only) (Closed menu: Dokokashira door glitch (international), Fossil conversion glitch (international), Second type glitch, Skip to Level 100 glitch, Trainer mutation glitch, walk through walls (international) Special menu: Lift glitch, Badge describer glitch) | Sketch glitch | SRAM glitch (Generation I) (255 Pokémon glitch, send party Pokémon to a new game) | Surf down glitch (Grass/rock Surfing glitch (Spanish/Italian only) (English)) | Time Capsule exploit | SRAM glitches (Generation II) (Mailbox glitches, Mystery Gift item corruption, Trainer House glitches) | Tweaking | Trainer escape glitch (Death-warp, Mew Trick, Ditto Trick, Experience underflow glitch) | Buffer overflow techniques (Japanese unterminated name glitch item instant encounter glitch, LOL glitch, Rival LOL glitch, Instant LOL glitch, RAM LOL glitch, oobLG, blockoobLG, Instant encounter infinite chain glitch (LGFly)), Super Glitch (Generation I) (party remaining HP glitch), Super Glitch (Generation III), Text pointer manipulation mart buffer overflow glitch, CoolTrainer♀-type move, Double distort CoolTrainer♀ corruption, Yami Shop glitch) | Walk through walls (ledge method, museum guy method, Rival's effect, Select glitch method (international), Brock Through Walls) | ZZAZZ glitch (party Pokémon box data shift glitch)
(view, talk, edit)
This glitch allowed the player to clone Pokémon in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl using the Global Trading System (GTS). As of May 20th, 2014 (when the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service was discontinued), it is no longer possible to perform this glitch with the official server.
It could not be performed for Pokémon with the Classic Ribbon because those Pokémon could not be deposited on to the GTS.
- Access to the Global Trade System
- The user logs into the Global Trade System.
- The user deposits a Pokémon into a box.
- As the wireless communications start (the WLAN/Wireless light starts blinking), the user shuts off power.
The procedure is not always successful, however.
A similar, equally accurate method follows:
- Turn off all programs that use the internet. This means no internet, no MSN, no AIM, etc. Shut them all down.
- Start->control panel->network connections
- In it, there should be something along the lines of "Local Area Connection". Double click it.
- There should be a zone labeled Activity with a picture of two computers. The computers should have grey screens but might light up occasionally. If either computer is lighting up more than once every few seconds, check to make sure all internet programs are shut down.
- Connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. The computers will light up but should go back to grey screens in a few seconds.
- Offer the Pokémon. Count until almost 7 revolutions of the clock have taken place. Then look up at the computer monitor screen. There will be a point where BOTH the sending and receiving computers light up at the same time. This is the cue to turn the game off. There is less than even a half of a second to do this, so the screens must be anticipated.
If done correctly, the Pokemon will be cloned.
A less accurate way is as follows:
- Log into Global Trade System.
- Deposit the Pokémon the player wants to clone.
- Shut the DS off when the wheel [in the right-hand corner] goes around about 6 times.
This is not always successful but it works if one turns the Nintendo DS off at around the right time.