This article is outdated
Feel free to update it.
Reason given: Has the glitch since been fixed?.
A Dugtrio affected by the glitch, named "BEEDRILL".
The nickname shifting glitch is a glitch that occurs in Poké Transporter and Pokémon Bank that changes the nicknames of Pokémon in the box to Pokémon before it.
To get the glitch to occur, the player must meet the following requirements:
- The player must own Virtual Console copies of Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow.
- The player must have Pokémon Bank app and the Poké Transporter app downloaded.
- The player must have a valid Pokémon Bank pass (may require money).
- The player must have at least one glitch Pokémon in their PC in Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow.
- The player must also have at least one valid Pokémon to be transferred to Pokémon Sun and Moon.
- Deposit your valid and glitch Pokémon in box 1 in your PC on your Virtual Console Generation 1 game. Save the game and quit.
- Go to the Poké Transporter app. It will automatically detect the Virtual Console Pokémon Red, Blue, Yellow game you have installed. The game will also warn you that some Pokémon in your PC box cannot be transferred and will be deposited back into your PC. Afterwards, choose to transfer all valid Pokémon to the Pokémon Bank servers.
- Choose Yes, and wait for the transfer to complete.
- Quit the Poké Transporter app and open up the Pokémon Bank app. Scroll over to the Transport Box and check the stats of your Pokémon.
The nicknames of your Pokémon may now be shifted over to match previous Pokémon, and the nicknames of affected Pokémon won't be capitalized properly.