The black hole glitch is a glitch in Super Smash Bros. Melee, a game for Nintendo Gamecube.
It creates something on the field that when touched, character that touched it will get hit, receiving a few hundred damage and bounce off, get stuck in it for a bit and take even more damage, or get stuck and get their damage meter raised up to 999% in a split second and about minute later the player is sent flying off.
- Start a Melee match with Peach on one team with either Falco or Fox, and then anyone on the other team with Falco or Fox. There need to be Super Scopes available in this match.
- When the match starts do the Infinite Super Scope Glitch with the fourth character that is not Falco, Fox, or Peach.
- Have the Falco/Fox on opposing teams face each other on ledges of equal height (they need to be a bit far away for it to work) and both use Shine (B+down).
- Now have the character with the Super Scope get behind the Falco/Fox on his team and keep shooting. Eventually they will keep getting bounced between both Falco/Foxes and with more and more they keep countering each other. Stop when it is making a weird sound and there are lots of green bubbles.
- With the Reflectors still on, have Peach throw some vegetables into the big line. If the player is doing it correctly, the vegetables will get stuck in the air and spin. The continous hits create the damage.
- Now when there are a lot of vegetables stuck in what is now the "black hole" the Falco/Foxes can stop using Shine.
How it works
Peach's vegetables, which do damage, are being "juggled" with counter bubbles. When the glitch starts, once the bubbles stop they stay there because of the vegetables.[clarification needed]