The bean trader lockup glitch is a glitch for Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (for PC) that gets the player caught in an endless loop of dying and then going to the bean trading screen.
- The spell Spongify
- Not all of certain Wizard Cards (Note: Bean traders can only trade Wizard Cards that the player missed in a place that is not accessible after completed, for example, Professor Snape's Storage Room.)
- Less than 5 scars of health
- Go to the grand staircase.
- Cast Spongify on the middle carpet, the one that takes the player to the very top of the grand staircase.
- Land on one of the window sills at the very top.
- Jump off and land right near a bean trader. The player should lose all of his or her health upon hitting the ground. It is impossible to land right where the bean trading screen will come up, but upon fainting the player will be close enough to the bean trader. The traders that work for this are the one that sells Silver Wizard cards (from Hufflepuff), and the girl that sells Flobberworm Mucous (from Slytherin). The player must not have every Silver Wizard card for the first bean trader to work for this glitch.
- If the player dies without entering the bean trading screen, go back to step 1.
- If the player dies and then enters the bean trading screen, either buy their item or decline the offer. If you buy the silver wizard card, the glitch will not continue.
- The player will die and right after that enter the bean trading screen again.