From Glitch City Laboratories
of the Pokémon series
Arbitrary code execution (template, remote, cart-swap, unintended ROM code execution) | 2x2 block encounter glitches (Left-facing shore tile glitch (in-game trade shore encounter trick, old man trick, Trade link up shore encounter trick, Fight Safari Zone Pokémon trick)) | 99 item stack glitch | Bad clone glitch (????? party overloading (Type 0xD0 move glitch, ????? map corruption, | Celebi trick, Celebi Egg trick, Shiny Celebi trick, glitch move map corruption, overloaded party map corruption, Glitch Unown (Glitch Unown map corruption) Duplicate key items glitch (infinite items and item creation, expanded Balls pocket (TM/HMs outside of the TM/HM pocket, Glitch Pokédex categories)) | Berry glitch | Bug-Catching Contest data copy glitch (Japan only) | Cloning | Ditto DV manipulation | Elite Four door glitch (Japan only) | Expanded party encounter table manipulation | Generation IV item cloning glitch (Japan only) | Glitch City (Safari Zone exit glitch, RAM manipulation) | Glitch meta-map script activation (Generation I) | Infinite Master Balls (Colosseum) | Large storage box byte shift glitch (storage box remaining HP glitch, maximum stat glitch) | Item duplication glitch | Item stack duplication glitch (Generation I expanded items pack (Glitch Rocket HQ maps, Map FE (English and non-English European Yellow), Map script pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, map script pointer item ball manipulation), Text pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, item ball manipulation, mart buffer overflow), Trainerless instant encounter glitch) | Mimic glitch (Japan only) | Out of bounds Glitch City (Generation II) (Slowpoke Well out of bounds corruption (French version)) Lumiose City save glitch | Pikachu off-screen glitch (Trainer corruption glitch) | Pokémon merge glitch | Pomeg glitch (Pomeg data corruption glitch) | Roaming Pokémon encounter glitch | (Mimic) Transform Rage glitch | Select glitches (Japan only) (Closed menu: Dokokashira door glitch (international), Fossil conversion glitch (international), Second type glitch, Skip to Level 100 glitch, Trainer mutation glitch, walk through walls (international) Special menu: Lift glitch, Badge describer glitch) | Sketch glitch | SRAM glitch (Generation I) (255 Pokémon glitch, send party Pokémon to a new game) | Surf down glitch (Grass/rock Surfing glitch (Spanish/Italian only) (English)) | Time Capsule exploit | SRAM glitches (Generation II) (Mailbox glitches, Mystery Gift item corruption, Trainer House glitches) | Tweaking | Trainer escape glitch (Death-warp, Mew Trick, Ditto Trick, Experience underflow glitch) | Buffer overflow techniques (Japanese unterminated name glitch item instant encounter glitch, LOL glitch, Rival LOL glitch, Instant LOL glitch, RAM LOL glitch, oobLG, blockoobLG, Instant encounter infinite chain glitch (LGFly)), Super Glitch (Generation I) (party remaining HP glitch), Super Glitch (Generation III), Text pointer manipulation mart buffer overflow glitch, CoolTrainer♀-type move, Double distort CoolTrainer♀ corruption, Yami Shop glitch) | Walk through walls (ledge method, museum guy method, Rival's effect, Select glitch method (international), Brock Through Walls) | ZZAZZ glitch (party Pokémon box data shift glitch)
(view, talk, edit)
The Battle Tower Pokémon cloning glitch in Pokémon Emerald allows the player to clone up to five Pokémon at once. Additionally, unless done wrong it has not been known to do any damage to the PC.
- Access to the Battle Tower.
- Pokémon to be cloned in party.
- Space in the PC for that/those Pokémon to be stored.
- Another Pokémon in party.
- Two Pokémon that are not banned from the Battle Tower (can be cloned).
This is the PC in the Battle Tower.
- Go to the PC in the Battle Tower.
- Deposit the Pokémon to be cloned in Lanette's PC.
- Log Off of the computer and save the game.
- Withdraw the Pokémon stored in the PC from step 2.
Talk to the receptionist for the Link Multi Battle Rooms (she should be at the counter closest to the PC).
This girl is who you need to be talking to.
- When she asks if the player wants to make a challenge, select Yes, and choose the two Pokémon eligible for entry.
- Select Yes when she asks you if it is OK to save the game.
- After the 2-3 seconds where no messages are shown and the game (not the receptionist) asks if the player wants to save the game, reset the game (do not start saving).
How it works
The game is saved by the player after the Pokémon are deposited. During the time when nothing seems to happen, the game saves the Pokémon in the player's party but not in the PC. Thus the game now has the Pokémon in both areas.
- Make sure to follow the steps exactly and do not withdraw or deposit any Pokémon besides the ones to be cloned, or else Pokémon could be deleted.
- It is possible to clone many items at one time, simply by replacing step 2 with "Give items you wish to clone to any Pokemon in the PC", and replacing step 4 with "Put the items back in the bag".