of the Pokémon series
Arbitrary code execution (template, remote, cart-swap, unintended ROM code execution) | 2x2 block encounter glitches (Left-facing shore tile glitch (in-game trade shore encounter trick, old man trick, Trade link up shore encounter trick, Fight Safari Zone Pokémon trick)) | 99 item stack glitch | Bad clone glitch (????? party overloading (Type 0xD0 move glitch, ????? map corruption, | Celebi trick, Celebi Egg trick, Shiny Celebi trick, glitch move map corruption, overloaded party map corruption, Glitch Unown (Glitch Unown map corruption) Duplicate key items glitch (infinite items and item creation, expanded Balls pocket (TM/HMs outside of the TM/HM pocket, Glitch Pokédex categories)) | Berry glitch | Bug-Catching Contest data copy glitch (Japan only) | Cloning | Ditto DV manipulation | Elite Four door glitch (Japan only) | Generation IV item cloning glitch (Japan only) | Glitch City (Safari Zone exit glitch, RAM manipulation) | Infinite Master Balls (Colosseum) | Large storage box byte shift glitch (storage box remaining HP glitch, maximum stat glitch) | Item duplication glitch | Item stack duplication glitch (Generation I expanded items pack (Glitch Rocket HQ maps, Map FE (English and non-English European Yellow), Map script pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, map script pointer item ball manipulation), Text pointer manipulation (arbitrary code execution, item ball manipulation, mart buffer overflow), Trainerless instant encounter glitch) | Mimic glitch (Japan only) | Out of bounds Glitch City (Generation II) (Slowpoke Well out of bounds corruption (French version)) Lumiose City save glitch | Pikachu off-screen glitch (Trainer corruption glitch) | Pokémon merge glitch | Pomeg glitch (Pomeg data corruption glitch) | Roaming Pokémon encounter glitch | (Mimic) Transform Rage glitch | Select glitches (Japan only) (Closed menu: Dokokashira door glitch (international), Fossil conversion glitch (international), Second type glitch, Skip to Level 100 glitch, Trainer mutation glitch, walk through walls (international) Special menu: Lift glitch, Badge describer glitch) | Sketch glitch | SRAM glitch (Generation I) (255 Pokémon glitch, send party Pokémon to a new game) | Surf down glitch (Grass/rock Surfing glitch (Spanish/Italian only) (English)) | Time Capsule exploit | SRAM glitches (Generation II) (Mailbox glitches, Mystery Gift item corruption, Trainer House glitches) | Tweaking | Trainer escape glitch (Death-warp, Mew Trick, Ditto Trick, Experience underflow glitch) | Buffer overflow techniques (Japanese unterminated name glitch item instant encounter glitch, LOL glitch, Rival LOL glitch, Instant LOL glitch, RAM LOL glitch, oobLG, blockoobLG, Instant encounter infinite chain glitch (LGFly)), Super Glitch (Generation I) (party remaining HP glitch), Super Glitch (Generation III), Text pointer manipulation mart buffer overflow glitch, CoolTrainer♀-type move, Double distort CoolTrainer♀ corruption, Yami Shop glitch) | Walk through walls (ledge method, museum guy method, Rival's effect, Select glitch method (international), Brock Through Walls) | Zapdos LV68 glitch | ZZAZZ glitch (party Pokémon box data shift glitch)
(view, talk, edit)
The 0xF9 box-set trick is a walk through walls glitch technique in Pokémon Red and Blue.
The "walk through walls" GameShark code has always been fun and useful to people. Contrary to popular belief, a similar effect is possible without the use of a game-altering device via a glitch.
The usual method requires a precise count of steps, a ledge and a poisoned Pokémon. However, there is an alternative method that involves Super Glitch.
- Money to enter the Safari Zone.
- Access to Route 13.
- A Pokémon with Teleport.
- An available long-range Trainer and a free Trainer on another Route.
- Preferably a Pokémon with Fly.
- Preferably the Thunder Badge to Fly.
- A Pokémon with a specific move-set. Its first two moves must have 11 characters (technically 13 characters with 4Es included), and its third move must be Super Glitch. The fourth move is unimportant.
Example : a Level 24 LM4 that knows Counter, Wrap and Super Glitch in this exact order.
- Prepare your Super Glitcher, a Pokémon with Fly and a Pokémon with Teleport.
- Fly away from a long-range Trainer to another location with a free Trainer.
- Battle that Trainer to get your start menu back.
- Fly to Fuschia City and enter the Safari Zone.
- Exit, say 'no', save and reset the game.
- Exit the Safari Zone and say 'no' to activate the Glitch City glitch.
- Go to Route 13 (east of Fuschia City) and keep walking around until the 500 steps run out.
- You'll be warped back to the Safari Zone gate, exit to enter the Route 13 Glitch City.
- Press the start menu and open the Pokémon menu (important), then switch your Super Glitch Pokémon to the first position and Teleport away (important you use this instead of Fly as Flying will update the screen data). Walk back to where you flew away from the Trainer-Fly glitch Trainer and the menu should pop up.
- Press 'Save' and the F9h box-set will appear. Press 'No'.
- Exit the menu.
- A battle will begin, with the Gym Leader theme playing. The game will also state that the Pokémon is hooked.
- End the battle, the overworld palette will be glitched.
- Jump off a ledge and you'll stay in mid-air and will be able to walk through walls.
Walk through walls trick (ledge method)
Walk through walls trick (museum guy method)
Walk through walls trick (select glitch method)